05 September 2011

sheyna...

one of the coolest things happened as a direct result of my whining about wanting to be a jewelry designer. or maybe because of my weekly wrist posts {which have been lagging due to my broken canon. sob.} or maybe even because i outed myself as a never ever not in forever wearer of gold.

sheyna to the rescue.

they suggested i try their site. design my own bracelet and see if i, in fact, really do want to be a jewelry designer. and while i was at it, why didn't i try gold? just to see...




i. loved. it. all.

and so i asked if you could try, too.

and they replied with exclamation points and yesses and a forty dollar gift certificate for one of you to try out sheyna for yourself. design anything: earrings, a bracelet, a necklace...anything!

next time, i'm so making mismatched earrings.

here's what you need to do to win: leave a comment and tell me if you've followed sheyna on twitter and/or facebook - extra points if you've followed them on both! - and i'll choose a winner randomly at the end of the week.

i'm excited about this, aren't you? say yes. now go follow sheyna and win something pretty, please? xoxo. also, a really lovely book about purpose and our special place in the world, i think. and i'll be back soon with my repaired canon to show you my new bracelet on my wrist!

26 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, that is awesomely addictive. I am so down with the "drag items and make something pretty" idea. Followed on Facebook!

Jana said...

Love, love the jewelry and the idea that I could create my own! (I've tried before and the result wasn't as pretty I would have thought...maybe I could redeem myself with this.)
I'm following on twitter and Facebook now!

donna said...

What a great idea. I just liked them on Facebook. Yay!

Kris said...

oh the possibilities of all the lovelies you could create...!!!!
i followed on facebook...
!

DDay said...

Lovin the site, and following on facebook. I can't bring myself to twit. yet.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I could use some pretty charming wrist love ~

following all tweets.

Unknown said...

Like on Facebook!

Kristina said...

This is so awesome! Just had so much fun "designing" something beautiful and perfect! So many ideas! I'm now both a twitter and facebook follower.

melissa loves said...

Uh....that is SO cool! And I want a bracelet like yours!! I LOVE it hun! ( you know you totally SHOULD be a jewelry designer, ya know? I am NOT kidding even remotely) Now, get to it! :)
xoxo
Melis

melissa loves said...

okay....totally just went over there and created a bracelet inspired by you. SO MUCH FUN! :)
xoxo
Melis

amy turn sharp said...

me me me! I facebooked em. LOVE THIS> LOVE YOU>

Jamie said...

love this! following on facebook and twitter!!! i would love some wrist LOVE. Very cool. xo

Molly Bryn said...

Would love to try this! Following on twitter, thank you!

CMN said...

Okay so is it fair to say that I'm ridiculously excited to see the bracelet that you designed yourself? Of course, perspective. Not getting-on-plane-for-an-all-expense-paid-three-week-trip-to-somewhere-exotic excited, but still... seriously looking forward to it! ;-)

mpocket said...

Oh, lovely! I just saw some fab mismatched earrings at the farmer's market (which I could not afford, because, well...I'm an organic farmer). Would love to try my hand, thanks for the opportunity!

Jessica said...

oh this is lovely, thank you

Patrick, Alysha, Silas & Pearl said...

Following on Facebook! How cool!

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Ooh, I'm so going to make a BIG GOLD honkin piece of jew'ry that's going to make you cringe with jealousy and rue the day you said you hated gold. RUE IT!

*I follow Sheyna on twitter*

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Following on Facebook too!! Planning the gold gorgeousness now...

GALaxy said...

There are so many options! I don't know if I'd be able to choose! (but I'll try!) I followed on facebook!

la la Lovely said...

Fun idea.. I can't get enough of jewelry, lately. You know the kind that means something. i don't know what that says, but it also has me thinking tattoos and I never think tattoos. Anyhow... Your design is just perfectly you.
xx Trina
ps- liked them on Facebook

Emily said...

wooo!!! love jewelry...i feel the same way about silver as you did gold. perhaps this will change my mind? i'm a facebook fan of theirs!

susan said so said...

a new addiction, and a lovely one at that!

xox,
susan

susan said so said...

oh! following on twitter!

xox,
susan

p.s. facebook too!

Jilly Jill said...

liked on FB bec google plus hasn't caught on. I call it google minus.

aswope said...

That is awesome. I am not a follower....