19 August 2010

just so i remember today...

the summer of 2010's been a stunner. and unforgettable. but just in case i do forget...

esmé grabs my face every morning and tells me how utterly cute i am. even when i am nowhere near cute. i can tell she believes it by the forcefulness of her clutch. she also pronounces feather like fevvah. i'm grateful she uses that word a few times daily.

grae-rose thinks she's perfection, inside and out. if you ask and even if you don't, she will tell you. and if you catch her in front of the mirror, she'll be the one smiling. last week, she told me how lucky she felt to be born a blue-eyed blondie. minus the usual aryan nation concerns, i'm grateful she loves what she sees.




and, oh, my lillie kate. in less than two weeks, i'll have had a lillie kate for twelve years. she started out looking like a little old man with horrible skin and an unusually large melon, but now? that chandelier smile guts me daily. even when i find one. forgotten. frog. from our creek adventure. last week.

in her backpack.

clenched jaw, slightly nauseated, obsessively washing my hands...i am still grateful.

the girlies three are celebrating their birthdays all september long. i'm dreaming of cake already. photo swiped from here.

11 comments:

Loui♥ said...

love the motherly love which comes shining through in this post!!
the joys of childhood innocence..
the very best..
and they so willingly share their discoveries with we moms..
wonderful..
hugs..
Loui♥

Sue said...

Blogs are so much nicer than baby books. I love how you love them.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

LOL - how adorable. I can honestly say I've never seen a cake like this!

:)
ButterYum

Amie aka MammaLoves said...

I need some time with those girlies and their mom! Maybe one or two of mine will pick up the calling mom cute habit. That wouldn't suck.

iheartart said...

Divine Divine Diveine & again Divine.

Katie

Brandi said...

sounds like a perfect summer. every time i read a post about your girlies three, i'm jealous: first, because you have three amazing ladies that give you so much joy; second, because those three amazing ladies have one spectacular mom.

Callie Grayson said...

happy birthday to the girlies three! my sisters daughters are celebrating september birthdays to!
great month. it's all about cake!
xx
callie

Robin said...

Happy birthdays to the girlies three!

Nothing better than a babe who thinks mom is the cute one, huh? Micah is always patting my hair and saying "pretty mama" to me....I will never ever tire of that!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, those September babies. Such sweet, sweet girlies - frogs and all. So glad you know how to cherish them.

Kristin said...

oh i would so not want to have opened that backpack to find that poor frog!

but your girlies. oh how wonderful. you are one lucky lady.

susan said so said...

I AM SO GLAD you're back! :)

xox,
susan