29 September 2009

be back later...

esmé opened her presents before lillie and grae left for school this morning.

if you're familiar with esmé's sleeping pattern {she. doesn't. sleep. and that's her pattern.}, you're probably asking yourself why would esmé be awake at six something in the morning when she fell asleep last night at eleven something and woke up at one something and four something, both times expecting karey to greet her with a smile and a funny story and endless renditions of criss cross applesauce and miss polly had a dolly even though she knows darn well that karey can't hit those high notes in miss polly had a dolly.




well. she woke up at six something because it wasn't lillie's fault. lillie didn't touch her. and lillie was quiet. because lillie only whispered i'm going to open all your presents, mémé.

which is why i have a freshly-four-years babe yelling at me.

not a fan of the yelling at me. not even when she's yelling thank you, bigfatboobies!

that child needs a new term of endearment for me. i will gladly accept mom.

beauty from allessandra mortola. my crankiness from lill. i am a fan of both.


10 comments:

Amie Adams said...

Oh I have non-sleepers too! For the first two years of my youngest's life I thought I was going to have a psychotic break.

And "bigfatboobies"?! It's going to take everything I have now not to scream that when I see you. ;-)

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Classic Karey moments! I don't know how you handle the sleep interruptions and deprivation. My little B has always been a night owl, but a good sleeper. This new puppy of ours is cramping my late night/late morning style and let me tell ya, mama is grumpy! Have a blissful day with your wee ones. Happy, happy to esmé! xo

Kelly said...

holy wow, i laughed SO HARD when i read your latest nickname. mainly because my best friend's son has called me "Boobie" since he was 2!

xo
Kelly

Sarah said...

oh lovely i am so happy you are back ::squeals:: and that little esme...well she sounds as delicious as ever.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Hmmmm...what did we do to deserve these non-sleepers? At least when they smile, I smile and that makes up for it!

Natalie said...

Oh my. The nickname has me in stitches. And happy birthday to your newly minted four year old!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

*sigh* I am so happily happy that you are back my effervescent I.F. I plum forgot that you were for a second yesterday....I had to get used to the idea that you weren't anymore and now I must get used to the idea that you ARE.....Happy, happy birthday to your dear one and I almost laughed myself out of my chair.
xoxo
Melis

Relyn Lawson said...

Happy birthday, sweet Esmé!! Happy birthday to you!!!

Elle Bee said...

You are so funny! I was smiling the whole way through this! "Bigfatboobies" is the most outlandish alternative to "mom" I've ever heard of! Laughing til my cheeks hurt!
Elle

Relyn Lawson said...

I'm back to read this again. I needed to laugh after today. So funny. Lillie's whispers let me know she and I? Kindred spirits. Oh, yeah.