30 November 2010

two sweet things happened...

i wrote a guest post about me and my uncle sugar and how we eloped over here. i do love that little kathryn.





and marta sent me some of her goodies. i do love that little marta.

one problem, though. my lillie's handwriting is currently the bane of my existence. in short, it's insanely illegible and the basis for every bad grade she's ever earned. think "oh! that was a 7?!" and forget spelling tests. lillie has.

but there was something about marta's As and Tees and Esses that spoke to my girl. like, screamed at her. and now she is inspired to write like this.

her teachers will hate me, but man...i love it when my girlies show a little glimmer of artistry. and do you even KNOW the brilliant shop i'll open if lill's successful in recreating marta's penmanship?

it will look a lot like this one, i bet.

inspiration board by mary. have you seen her new site? it's brilliant. by the way, she and i are submitting some of our t.ruffles for some sweet projects, and were asked to take down our site while doing so. a lot of you have asked, but i keep forgetting to tell you. now you can remind me to tell you about our next collaboration together. we have a vague but completely cool plan. i'm kind of in love with it already.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

every girl must have her own dramatic handwriting period. oddly, mine only involved the letter "a" and lasted for a year. better to be a bit showy and have some fun than let handwriting get boring.

Brown Button Trading said...

talk about getting my fix. can't explain how i've missed you. stuck in the corporate world, travelling my country and overseas. So nice to cocoon myself in all that is the bloggy world and catch up with my besties. love you lots and just bought me a t.ruffles calender - merry christmas to me. xx

Emma said...

Embrace her cool handwriting phase - i wish i had handwriting as cool as marta's.
i might start practising it now.....

Robin said...

Your guest post is wonderful. Brad and I almost eloped and while I loved getting married with our family & friends there, I think being alone would have been amazing too!

Also, that handwriting is great...as is the list!

xo
R

Anonymous said...

I fool be familiar with a scarcely any of the articles on your website now, and I definitely like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web period roster and resolve be checking promote soon. Please check in view my position as highly and let me know what you think. Thanks.

CMN said...

Love Mary's new site - thanks for the link. And Marta? Yep, she's always a keeper!

Kathryn said...

Catching up with my favorite blogstresses and had to say again - THANK YOU FOREVER AND EVER!