07 April 2010

the best medicine...

i was watching the girlies two walk into school this morning when i saw the odd little neighbor boy turn into a whirling dervish - minus the enlightenment - and whack his sister in the face with his backpack.




immediately, i rushed to action. which meant i put both hands over my mouth and doubled over in an i'm trying really hard to be quiet about it and failing horribly fit of laughter.

i. know.




this has always always been a problem for me, this nervous laughter of mine. what's worse is that my giggles increase exponentially in relation to the severity of the situation. like, don't EVER invite me to your funeral.

wait. no. what's worst is the way my girlies two rushed to action. also known as collapsed in a pile. so weak with mirth that they couldn't. get. back. up. not even when the first panic bell rang.




thankfully, the neighbor girl wasn't too injured to disentangle them. i'm almost sure her nose had stopped bleeding.

ugh.

i'm in the middle of planning some summer get-far-aways for us, and i've naturally got italy on my mind. when is it not on my mind? look at these properties, will you? wow. and really, my girlies are nice. they just unfortunately inherited most of my worst qualities.

12 comments:

mrs. darling said...

ugh, i want to move to that villa RIGHT AWAY. perfection.

i have the same problem...i laugh like a hyena whenever i see anyone get hurt. it's awful. i wish i could blame it on nerves but i can't, i just find it hilarious for some reason. for instance, a few months after our wedding mr. darling got really mad at his stupid hunting dog and kicked the dog house and broke his toe. i laughed so hard i almost peed in my pants. even now i'm giggling like a fool!

Em-Jae said...

oh my gosh -- GREAT story. definitely had me in a fit of giggles, too! i can perfectly picture the hilariousness unfolding...

ps - yes, please. i'd love a villa.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Is it okay that I wish for Winter, Fall, Spring, and Summer get-far-aways?

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

P.S. Today's t.ruffle - needs to be in the shop! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

oh please come to my funeral!! only giggles and sparkles allowed!!

Callie Grayson said...

you completely make my day! Now I know that I am not the only one who bursts out laughing at the wrong time!
I will never forget the time when the chief engineer at work was screaming and I MEAN SCREAMING at me (why I am not really sure)
he was all shades of RED! When i busted up in a giggle fit of laughter, he then abruptly stopped turned a DARK shade of PURPLE and just starred at me.... while everyone around us scurried away.
I still giggle when i think about it.

xx
callie

Melissa de la Fuente said...

There is no worst about you my darlin....not at all. And please tell me you will stay in one of these photos...I really want you to. :) How gorgeous....I am breathless. Don't you kind of want to skip this and come to New Jersey instead? ( hee hee) sigh
xo
Melis

CMN said...

Um, LOVING those vacation properties you're checking out. SO much so that I had to read this one as two separate posts... once for the story and once for the pictures. {blissful sigh}

CMN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c.bean said...

I'm so glad to know it's not just me that's laughing at inappropriate moments... I really should be more embarrassed by my inappropriate habit but it's completely involuntary.

besides, isn't laughter better than the alternative... I mean, can you imagine sobbing uncontrollably at inappropriate moments? I think I'd rather laugh than cry!

Brandi said...

i think one of the best things you can do is teach your children how to laugh at life's accidents...even if it leaves you bleeding a wee bit. it took me time to learn that lesson and i wish sometimes i'd known it sooner.

and i'm horrible with nervous laughter myself...except mine involves snorting.

Natalie said...

I too suffer from inappropriateuslaughitis disease. I hear there is no cure.

I want that villa, or mansion, or whatever it is. It's gorgeous.