15 March 2010

things i learned this weekend...

it shocks the heck out of me when a photo makes my tummy leap. just a photo. but, man. what a photo.



i bet these...



were made for her.




and this was made for me and my girlies three.




sing me to sleep. sing me awake. wouldn't that be lovely?

i'm so charmed by this edited stream of consciousness, i can't imagine which post i should share with you. so i'll share two. this one and this one. because i've been craving some down and dirty reading of late. plus kjetil kausland's photos floor me. as does this one...




hong kong is on my someday short list, i think. singapore sits on that list, too. do you keep lists like this? because i really like keepers of lists like this.

let's see. what else did i learn? well. i realized i really want to color coordinate all the books we own, but i also realized we'd only have three colors on our shelves, which are the same colors in our laundry piles: blacks, whites, and varying shades of pinks.




one more thing. i came home last night from my hair appointment {she would not do silvery grey streaks, much to my dismay, but she completely did not laugh or even smirk when i showed her hairstyles hidden by hoods and stuff.} and realized one of the greatest perks of owning the girlies three. squeals and smiles and a million you're so cutes! as well as some odd scratching behind my ear from little e.

as for uncle sugar, he looked at me and just stopped for a second. always a good response. then he laughed that nicest laugh of his, scooped me to him, and asked did you show her a picture of esmé?




maybe i would've had better...more grown up...results had i taken in this photo? next time, kate. next time.

as always, click on the colored words to hop to a better place. hope your week begins happily. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. xoxo.

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Sing me to sleep. Lovely (pillows?).

Singapore is amazing. Humid! Hot! Sunny! Gorgeous! Go!

Happy to hear there was no laughter over the hood photo. Sad to hear there were no silvery grey streaks. Pft.

paula said...

Although the lovely pink head would look lovely in the stockings, I am thinking they are made for my ellies:) I am sure she would wear them everyday.

mrs. darling said...

my short list as of the 15th of march (it changes daily, it seems): bangkok, honduras, jerusalem, long hair that falls to the middle of my back, a red bikini and ripe, red watermelon sprinkled with salt.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

You are the BEST, I adore your "what you learned" posts, and I am DYING to see you hair, why wouldn't she do silver streaks? Harumpf...and have I mentioned that Uncle Sugar sounds divine? Well, he does! :) I hope you have a wonderful week my friend.
xo
Melis

Brandi said...

bummer on the grey streaks. i'm sure Time may oblige you someday.

and wake ups and bedtime should be filled with song. is it strange that i go around making up songs all the time? it's just so much fun to fill moments with song.

la la Lovely said...

I always like what you learn and I am a keeper of lists as well. And another thing... I have hair on the brain too over at my place. I bet your hair looks great!
Have a happy week!
x Trina

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I'm bookmarking that blonde bob for my new 'do! the purple streaks are getting old. silver, huh? sounds like fun :)

dee said...

I DO keep lists of places I want to travel to! And my tummy leapt a little at that photo, too! And I think I love Uncle Sugar so much, mainly for the way he makes you smile:) xo

beth said...

keep hong kong on your list....I went a few years ago and it was an amazing experience !

Joslyn said...

so now you know i need to see a pic of your hair...

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I'm the queen of lists...I make lists on top of lists, and they mainly focus on food dishes around the world that I intend to enjoy exactly where they originate from.

Being 'scooped up' and 'little scratches behind the ear' is beyond perfection ~ karey's life is good.

Kristin said...

list keeping is such fun! paris is at the top of mine.

glad to hear you had a lovely weekend, and now when are you going to post the picture of that new haircut?

xo, Kristin

PS - your comment on my blog about my comment on your blog left me tickled pink. your words warm my heart. and so i wanted to comment back to you to hopefully return the favor. ;)

susan said so said...

WHAT a lovely compliment: "did you show her a picture of esmé?"

wow.

xox to you,
susan

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

hello. we want pics.


{um, please}

bet its fab, xxx

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

You're such a sweet person, Karey..! So loving and lovely...

And I love what uncle sugar had to say...

And the shot of books arranged by color? The OCD in me wants to do that with my books. Like, right now. I have loved it for a while, and it may have to happen. Soon.

xoox,
-maria