15 January 2010

there's just something about...

a mussy, totally disheveled workspace that thrills me.




add some photos of serge gainsbourg? a smoking serge gainsbourg in every possible sense? i'm all in.



a great quick read here. don't you love it when she says "our home is pretty civilized up to the third floor, and then it deteriorates." exactly. there are days when i call the girlies' rooms the stables.

hey. have an amazing weekend, ok? i'm rawther {reading eloise non-stop 'round these parts!} excited about ours. we're taking the girlies three skiing, made some fancy dinner reservations, and mary and i are working feverishly to re-open the t.ruffles shoppe. by the way, don't buy any cards 'til we do, ok? {except for richie's below, that is.} save room for a t.ruffle or two? say yes...

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Have a great weekend. Did you write yesterdays candy just for me? You really shouldn't have, but thank you because it was perfect. I wrote about it today.

Super love that workspace too!

Brandi said...

i love disordered workspaces, especially because there so often seems to be a hidden order behind it all...the mind of the creative artist at work.
and i'm saving lots of room for t.ruffles cards, though I did buy the one from richie as well. i need to send valentine cards this year. many of them. so they flutter off into the world like butterflies.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh yeah....what a fantastic room. I hope you have a wonderful weekend hun, sounds like you have great plans! How fun!
xo
Melis

wool and misc said...

hope you have a magical weekend with you girls! oh man, i can make any room look like that....just give me 20 mins, a craft project, and a beer.

wool and misc said...

ps. love the word "mussy"

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Yes, yes, yes! Can't wait for some t.ruffle card love!

Katrina said...

Hello! I just found your blog and am looking forward to reading and learning more :)

Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

I can't wait to see the new shoppe goodies! have a lovely weekend, Karey.

Anonymous said...

This is a celebrated article as they all are. I bring into the world been wondering less this for some time now. Its great to get this info. You are fete and balanced.

la la Lovely said...

A 3rd floor sounds lovely....I think that would take a little of my crazies away .... a mess being on another level instead of all at eye level, like it is for me.
Oh, skiiing sounds fun and nothing better than a fancy dinner! Hope it was grand!
xx Trina

laurennicolelove.com said...

hi lady!

i just found your blog and am in love. something in your profile on the side resonated with me, and i wish you the best. your darlings' names are all beautiful, by the way. :)

- lauren nicole xoxo

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh I love peeks into creative spaces. I really, really love when long-dead painters' studios are open to the public. It's somehow such a thrill.