20 January 2010

dancing over at reverie today...

i learned all my best dance moves from dance party usa.

during my short-lived punk-ish stage, i copied all the disinterested kids who danced with excellent posture and dull eyes. this was extremely difficult to pull off with my huge smile that shows every single tooth i own.

then there was that awkward period when i threw down a style best described as naughty by nature. my apologies, treach.

these days, i dance in my kitchen. sort of like this. with pretty much exactly the same eyeliner...






three things.

one...where did you learn your moves? roman numeral two...will you please visit me on reverie daydream today? say yes. and c...aren't you in love with lily and the muse? i thought so. xoxo.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

My boyfriend makes fun of me when I dance. All the time. Granted, I do nothing to help this because I do dance strangely. But it makes both of us laugh. And I can dance normally too. I had to learn some ballroom when I was in acting school. My beau and I learned to tango together (the Argentine tango). I can totally be gracefully if I want to be...and if there are no doors, tables, chairs, appliances, etc. within a 100 foot radius of me.

(Off to visit you at reverie now!)

emily b. said...

i am a tap dancer, myself. can't get away from it. shuffling and time-stepping and etc with my bare feet on our hardwood floors. and tap-dancing-hands...oy.

p.s. (loving what's new in the shoppe!!! ahhh!!!)

:) xo

Making it Lovely said...

Ah, that was just the distraction I needed today!

krista said...

i, too, learned my moves from watching dance party usa. then i would go to videopolis at disneyland dressed in black and white and nonchalantly shimmy to depeche mode.
totally disregarding the fact that depeche mode is not dancing music, no matter what anyone tries to tell you.

Brandi said...

(P.S. I love the new sweets in the t.ruffles shop!!)

Isabel @AlphaMom said...

Krista, depeche mode's Personal Jesus is totally dancing music. Take it from me, I was a Club MTV dancer as a highschooler.

susan said so said...

how adorable is that?!

xox,
Susan

Emily Goligoski said...

My dancefloor moves are a combination of Eliane's hips from "Seinfeld," rodeo arms and "Little Mermaid"-esque hair flips. Whatever helps you get down Ms. Karey!