20 September 2011

in case you're wondering...

billionaire is much easier to get out of a persian carpet than, say, chancer. in my experience.

but, as the dental hygienist mentioned to esmé yesterday, chancer is pretty easy to pick from her teeth. when asked if she bites her nails, my girl smiled, shook her head, and brightly chirped "my sister, gracie, bites her nails and she is my role model and i do everything she does. except i do not like justin beaver."



speaking of my grae-girl, she turns a dozen tomorrow. did you just hear me sigh?

funny thing about my gracie. she is the queen of goodbyes. she must kiss me ten times before bed. yell out that she loves me as many times as soon as she's under her covers. she kisses me goodbye in the drop-off lane at school. when i'm headed out for a run. when i'm going to the grocery. before and after lacrosse. she kisses me goodbye in front of no one and in front of everyone and in front of anyone.




in case you're wondering, grae-rose's shy pink lip stain is very hard to remove from my cheeks. but, then, i've never really tried.

here and here.

8 comments:

meezo said...

Love this. It totally made me smile because I have my own kiss picture to post today :)

Carlyree said...

love.it. Wiping tear in eye, thank you very much.

Landscape Art Prints said...

That's so sweet!

Pretty Neat Designs said...

Reading your post was a lovely break. Your words always make me giggle.

la la Lovely said...

That Esme. I love how she just tells the grownies how it is, really. And all those kisses.. I wouldn't wipe off the stain either! BIG XO! Trina

melissa loves said...

Ah yes....first of all, how much do I love that you buy grad-rose Laura Mercier? and how much do I love that you paint your nails and change up the colors. and I don't like Justin Beaver either ( please read that so that rhyme, ok? Don't get all high falutin on me and say " eye-ther" ) recently, I wanted to paint my nails this incredibly happy inducing gold glitter ( with bits of gold confetti dropped in for good measure) at sephora...but, I am not as brave as you so, I only painted my thumbs. But, if you tell me to, I will go back and paint all ten. ( tell me to, will ya?) :)
xo
Melis

melissa loves said...

oh, and I DID write "GRAE-rose" but, the auto correct on my computer changed it! Sorry! :)
xo
Melis

PJ said...

this makes me smile. i grew up in a family of three girls and we would kiss and say i love you at any opportunity. mom or dad off to work? kiss. running to the store for a gallon of milk? kiss. passing in the halls in high school between classes? kiss. and on and on...

girls rule.