09 August 2010

a postcard, of sorts...

i'm at momtastic today, which is for sure a pretty fantastic sight. heaps of solid ideas and cool features. plus she's brand new, which is one of my favorite ages.

you can read about my beliefs behind decorating for my girlies three right here. if, that is, you can get past my giant melon at the beginning of the article.

seriously. every momtastic photo is big enough to kiss. you'll see...




and speaking of photos, this one illustrates perfectly the dichotomy of my lillie kate and grae-rose. look closely.

an old-fashioned bingo set, the hundred dresses which still makes them cry a little every time it's read, one solitary fake nail, britney spears' perfume aptly called circus fantasy, and a madonna and child carving from venice.

uncle sugar despised that perfume, by the way. so much so that he bought them a rather large vessel of something more appropriate this weekend. it's a classic, and reminds us that we need to live in paris someday. preferably soon. and i also think part of him wants to see if they'll wear the scent from now all the way up to old fancy lady...which is another of my favorite ages.

still missing you all like mad. xoxo.

11 comments:

Barchbo said...

I used to check out The Hundred Dresses from the library over and over and over again. I am pretty sure that is what inspired my early lust for fashion and made me NEED Fashion Plates for my ninth birthday. So glad your girlies love it, too - I didn't know if anyone read Eleanor Estes anymore!

la la Lovely said...

Oh that uncle sugar.... Mine is wearing a scent from Justice and If I smell it one more day I just might hold my breath. I like that idea of Uncle sugars. Oh and living in Paris.. sigh. I can't get it out of my mind lately.
xo trna

Robin said...

The Hundred dresses...gasp! I loved that book so much. May need to devote some of my weekend to finding my copy someplace in my parents house...
xo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

when are you turning this into a design blog because your credentials are sealed and perfected with the momtastic post ~ lucky girlies three!

Brandi said...

i need to see if the library has the hundred dresses -- i so very badly want to read it now. off to read more of your beautiful words.

Sue said...

I don't know this book, how could I have missed a children's book wonderful enough to make yours cry. I will be looking for it now! Good to "see" you.

Sue

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Sigh..I miss you. And I loved this feature...loved that uncle sugar bought them something "more appropriate"(what is it? I am dying to know) nad love that those are two of your favorite ages....new and old fancy..
xoxo
Melis

Kayla Poole said...

As a children's writer, it warms my heart to see that book in this post. I clicked over to see your girlie's design goodness and loved that too. A talented lady you are (but then, I already knew this, didn't I?).

Richie Designs said...

everyone is so cute. I only WISH my mom would have let me have a disco ball in my bedroom!

I have a girlfriend, who at each birthday, received a new classic scent from her grandmother who thought it was important that she have the classics. I always thought it was sweet even if she didn't wear them/or they didn't match her personality

Relyn Lawson said...

One of my favorite books, too. Now, I'm going to have to go out and take my own daughter scent shopping.

Relyn Lawson said...

I loved all the little peeks into your girlie's rooms. And my Sloane is pretty convinced now that she needs a disco ball of her own.